Lead Engineer (m/f)
Lead Engineer (m/f) – Stuttgart, Germany
For our client, a leading Irish engineering company specialised in turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation, we are looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join their team on a project in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Deliver projects set by the engineering manager in the form of annual targets.
- Technical Lead, Responsible of Design & Engineering Management of large and complex substation projects within Contractual scope, SoW/DoW & Engineering cost/budgets.
- Manage and lead all engineering activities, both in-house and outsourced, during the proposal, design and construction stages of EHV/HV substation projects with strict adherence to the project contract.
- Support proposal efforts by introducing and promoting innovation, cost saving ideas, and value-added solutions to the overall system design concept.
- On-site assessment and evaluation of existing equipment, steel structures, foundations…
- Providing expertise and support in validating sub-contractor bids and in negotiating
- Review customer Request for Proposals / Quotations (RFPs / RFQs), to ensure conformance with the bid package.
- Work with the proposal team to ensure that the sub-contractor scope of work is clearly defined, that contract Terms & Conditions include appropriate flow downs, and that risks are properly allocated between the company and the sub-contractors
- Analyse sub-contractor bid responses for inconsistencies, oversights and mistakes
- Provide cost recommendations to the proposal team based on the bid review analysis
- Prepare, update and support the project execution in the schedule.
- Develop the Design Criteria and the Document Deliverables list for the project.
- Develop technical concept, Single Line Diagrams, Layouts, Primary & Secondary Engineering as well as defining various Interfaces.
- Utilize knowledge of the CDM and applicable standards to ensure that designs comply with the safety requirements and clearances.
- Perform technical, cost savings, and constructability reviews of design packages from internal engineering, outsourced sub-contractor engineering and equipment factories.
- Generate equipment specifications, monitor vendor technical compliance and witness factory acceptance testing.
- Support project management – technical contracts, equipment procurement, developing change orders, and maintaining project schedules.
- Provide construction, installation & commissioning support
- Prepare bill of quantities & cost estimation, deviations & clarifications
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of substation engineering experience.
- Experience in a similar role and key areas of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge on substation design disciplines – primary, secondary and civils.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Skilled communicator who can interface with numerous external and internal parties at all levels in a multi-cultural environment
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship.
- Permanent full-time employment.
- Competitive salary and package depending on qualifications.
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me for more information on +385 1 5626 651.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.